The role of the Human Resource Directorate is to support our greatest resource, the management and staff of Tallaght University Hospital of just under 3,000 people. It is also our role to ensure they have the necessary support to deliver for our patients and grow as employees while working here. The HR Directorate comprises of three sections as outlined below:
- HR Operations, including HR Business Partners, Recruitment, HR Business Services
- HR Medical Division
- The Centre for Learning & Development
The Department is staffed by skilled experienced professionals and through effective policies and procedures promotes a working environment that is conducive to good employee relations and encourages personal and organisational development. We are constantly refining and developing our services to meet the needs of a dynamic environment, including rapid change arising from new services, legislation and developing technology.
HR Business Partners
The team of three Business Partners are strategically aligned with the Directorates in the Hospital to provide embedded support to line managers in their workforce planning, people development and change management for the delivery of services to patients in line with corporate strategy. They play a key role in working with Directors and Managers on organisation design to ensure best practice in restructuring units or divisions in the Hospital.
HR Recruitment Division
The recruitment division has responsibility for the recruitment and selection of all non-medical staff throughout the Hospital. The recruitment and selection process is designed to ensure the Hospital recruits and retains the most suitable candidates to match the culture, strategic and operational requirements of the Hospital.
Our recruitment and selection process ensures the principles of equality, quality, transparency and accountability are preserved. The Hospital is committed to the recruitment and retention of the highest calibre of staff who will in turn provide the best quality healthcare to our patients. A full list of the Hospital’s current vacancies is available on the internet by clicking on job opportunities on the home page and the recruitment division can be contacted directly as outlined below.
To view current general vacancies please click here
To view current NCHD & Consaltant vacancies please click here
HR Business Services
This section is the transaction hub of the HR Department providing administrative support to our staff during their employment with the Hospital as below:
- Setting up of new hires on SAP HR/Payroll System and any subsequent status changes from hire to termination/retirement.
- Provides a link between HR & Payroll
- Contracts, work permits, CORU Registration
- Processes requests for all leave types such as Parental Leave, Maternity / Adoptive Leave, Unpaid Leave, Shorter Working Year etc.
- Management of All sick leave schemes
- Management of our Time & Attendance System - CORE
- Administration of the Hospital Pension Scheme
- Provision of Data Analytic reports
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Commuter Ticket Scheme
HR Medical Division
HR Medical Division is responsible for the following services for all medical staff:
- Recruitment: Provision of a full recruitment and selection service and advice on terms and conditions of employment in relation to all medical staff. Ensuring compliance with all pre-employment checks.
- Rotas: Co-ordination of all medical staff rotas, including the development of key rotas and ensuring that these are posted for the information of all relevant staff.
- Locums: Sourcing of locum staff to fill gaps in rotas following an approval process and, in consultation with supervising consultants, ensuring that locum staff are suitably qualified.
- Policies: Liaising with Clinical Directors, Consultants and NCHDs in the development of policies and procedures relating to medical staff.
- Finance: Management of all pay related claims for all medical staff. This includes ensuring that CORE time and attendance records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Records/Reports: Ensuring that accurate records are available for stakeholders e.g. Executive Management Team, HSE.