(January 7th 2021) Children's Health Ireland (CHI) comprises of the three children’s hospitals at Tallaght, Crumlin, Temple Street and the Paediatric Outpatients and Urgent Care Centre, CHI at Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown.
Due to the rapid increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in the community and the need to reduce the number of people coming into the children’s hospitals, CHI will be prioritising emergency, urgent and time sensitive procedures and care.
This means that our:
1. Paediatric Emergency Services at Tallaght, Crumlin & Temple Street are open 24 hours seven days a week and our Urgent Care Centre at Connolly Hospital is open Monday – Friday from 10am – 5pm
2. Time dependent and urgent procedures will continue to be undertaken in CHI.
3. In so far as possible, most out-patient clinics will be moved to virtual or telephone clinics, unless specified by the consultant that a face to face review is needed.
4. CHI hospitals will be in contact directly with parents/guardians to advise if their child’s individual care arrangements have been postponed.
5. If you have not been contacted by the hospital then, it is safe to attend for treatment and care.
This decision will be reviewed weekly depending upon the level of COVID-19 in the community.
The decision to curtail some services is to ensure our hospitals remain safe for patients and families and to protect staff in order to manage hospital care in the coming weeks.