TUH Public WiFi
This notice sets out the terms and conditions on which wireless internet access (“the Service”) is provided to you. All persons accessing the TUH Guest wireless network must abide by all hospital policies and will note that all access is recorded and will be submitted upon request to any legitimate law enforcement agencies.
Please be aware, the Service is provided without warranty or support and that you may experience congestion at certain peak times. The Service is provided without encryption and is not classified as a secure means of access. Therefore users access the Service at their own risk. TUH is not responsible for the loss, misuse or theft of any information, passwords or other data transmitted by users through the Hospital Guest wireless network. You assume all responsibility and risk for use of the service.
TUH does not guarantee the security, the confidentiality or the integrity of the user's information on the Hospital Guest wireless network.
- You are responsible for providing all hardware and other equipment required to access and use the service. You are responsible for ensuring the compatibility of your equipment with the service.
- All services are provided on an “as is” basis. We do not warrant that the service is fault free or fit for any particular purpose, or that our system is secure. You assume all responsibility and risk for use of the Service.
- We will always try to make the service available, but it may be interrupted, limited or curtailed due to maintenance and repair work, transmission or equipment limitations/failures, connection failures or due to an emergency. We are not responsible for data, messages or pages that you may lose or that become misdirected because of interruptions or performance issues with the service.
- We reserve the right to immediately and without notice, suspend your access to the service if we suspect that you are transmitting a virus (or any other manipulating program capable of modifying other programs and replicating itself).
- Network speed is no indication of the speed at which your equipment connected to the service sends or receives data. Actual network speed will vary based on configuration, compression and network congestion. The accuracy and timeliness of data sent or received is not guaranteed and you accept that delays or omissions may occur.
- We will not supply any software to you in connection with the Service. If you use software packages, applications or configurations then you accept the risk of any failure of the service resulting from the use of such software packages, applications or configurations.
Use of Service
The service is made available provided:
- You do not use it for anything unlawful, immoral or improper;
- You do not use the Service to make offensive or nuisance communications in whatever form. Such usage includes posting, transmitting, uploading, downloading or otherwise facilitating any content that is unlawful, defamatory, threatening, a nuisance, obscene, hateful, abusive, harmful (including but not limited to viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs), a breach of privacy, or which is otherwise objectionable;
- You do not act nor knowingly permit others to act in such a way that the operation of the service or our systems will be jeopardised or impaired. This includes the wilful or ignorant wasting of system or network resources by sending large volumes of spam or the wilful creation of heavy network traffic;
- You do not modify or extend the service beyond its intended use;
- You do not use abusive or threatening behaviour towards other users of the service, members of our staff or any person in the vicinity;
- You do not use the service to access or use content in a way that infringes the rights of others;
- The service is used in accordance with any third party policies for acceptable use or any relevant internet standards (where applicable);
- You do not use your equipment to take photos, videos or sound recordings of staff, patients or any member of the public unknown to you and send or publish them using the service;
- You do not use your equipment to cause harm to the administration of justice or to national security for e.g. terrorism etc.;
- You do not use our services for commercial gain;
This list is not exhaustive
- The Hospital does not control, nor is it in any way liable for, data or content that you access or receive via the service. The Internet contains unedited materials, some of which may be sexually explicit or offensive to you. Although the Hospital makes efforts to restrict such content, we have no control over and accept no responsibility for such materials. Sites which are deemed to contain unsuitable material will be blocked.
- The Hospital is not a publisher of third-party content that can be accessed through the service and is not responsible for any opinions, advice, statements, services or other information provided by third parties and accessible through the Service. You are responsible for evaluating such content.
- It is your responsibility to evaluate the value and integrity of goods and services offered by third parties accessible via the service. The Hospital will not be a party to nor in any way be responsible for any transaction concerning third party goods and services. You are responsible for all consents, royalties and fees related to third party vendors whose sites, products or services you access, buy or use via the service.
- The Hospital does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of information that is obtained through the service.
- If you choose to use the service to access web sites or content provided by third parties or purchase products from third parties, then your personal information may be available to the third-party provider. The way third parties handle and use your personal information related to the use of their services is governed by their policies and the Hospital has no responsibility for their policies, or third parties’ compliance with them.
- The Hospital is providing the service to customers free of charge, and is intended to support general web browsing activities. Due to limited bandwidth and to ensure a consistent experience for all customers, we cannot guarantee internet speeds fast enough to support high-bandwidth actions such as streaming music, streaming video or downloading large files.
- Network bandwidth will be throttled and will thus be unsuitable for P2P downloads, mobile device operating system (iOS, Android, Windows) updates.